Monday, October 13, 2014

Magnolia Market by Judy Christie

I've read and enjoyed most of Judy  Christie's books.  Her Green series got me started and I've been a fan ever since.

Her latest novel "Magnolia Market" kept me reading well past my bed time.  Christie kept me engaged with the protagonist, Avery Broussard, surmounting obstacles with prayer and faith. Broussard tackled a slap-in-the-face, knock-down from the mother of her deceased husband.  But she's not alone.  God gives her companion angels to lift her up with a new soon to become  BFF Katherine Manning and  potential love interest in TJ Aillet.

While weaving Avery's journey to rebuild her life, Christie also tackles the larger community in revitalizing the historic Trumpet and Vine area of  Samford - an issue that hits home to many small towns. Central to the area is the aging Magnolia Market and its transformation.

A wonderful tale of faith love and forgiveness.   Would highly recommend. - Kay Huck

Check out her website at http://www.judychristie.com/index.html