Thursday, June 26, 2008

Recipe and Cookbook for Crock Pot

Hello Ladies,
 
Many of you last night asked if you could have my recipe.  Here is both the recipe and the book it came out of.
 

The name of the book I use most often is "Easy Slow Cooker Cookbook", ISBN 1-931294-45-3 by Barbara C. Jones. Of course the only thing you need to do is add a little more cook. Last night's recipe:

 

Artichoke-Chicken Pasta

1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken tenders

1 15-ounce can artichoke hearts, quartered

3/4 cup roasted red peppers, chopped (purchase or chop ~1 red pepper, lay on flat sheet for ~15 minutes at 450 degrees in the oven)

1 8-ounce package American cheese, shredded (or… the Casserole cheese since I couldn't find it already shredded)

1 tablespoon White Wine Worcestershire sauce (or 1/2 and 1/2 of Worcestershire and White Cooking Wine since I couldn't find)

1 10-ounce can cream of chicken soup

1 8-ounce package shredded cheddar cheese (did a mild/sharp blend)

4 cups hot, cooked bow-tie pasta

 

1. In a slow cooker combine chicken tenders, artichoke, roasted peppers, American cheese, Worcestershire sauce and soup. Mix well (here I added seasoning)

2. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours

3. About 20 minutes before serving, fold in cheddar cheese, hot pasta, salt and pepper to taste.

 

Enjoy!  I know I had a lot of fun last night.... even without the Punch!

Allison