Sunday, April 20, 2008

Reading Guide for April Meeting Part 1

Most Honored Queens,

I thought I'd post the reading guide for our book selection for April in installments. For those of you who will not be able to make our meeting and would like to contribute, please post comments. We'll share them at our meeting.

I'm posting them over the next few days because 16 questions at one time is little overwhelming. At least for me it is.

Part 1:
1. I never dreamed in a kazillion years that I would ever be fired from a job. As I write in my book, when I was fired I handled the whole situation poorly. What would you do if this happened to you? And would you do anything differently now that you have finished reading my book?


2. I have often been judged by the way I look and my profession. People tend to put people in neat, little compartmentalized boxes. What if there was no box? What is your criterion for judging others? Do you judge a book by its cover?
3. I will always be a small town Kansas girl and I have grown to be proud of that fact. Even though I live in Texas and now call it home, really Eureka, Kansas will truly always be home to me no matter how many times I sing "Yellow Rose of Texas" or give the Texas "Hook'em Horns" sign. What does home mean to you and how do you believe it shapes you?